Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy (Pinterest) Hallowe'en

Lately, I have been hooked on Pinterest. The ideas on their website are incredible. This year's entire Halloween theme was inspired by Pinterest. Have a boo at what we've been up to...


My daughter is in preschool and she wanted to give them all something spooky so when we saw the idea of pipe cleaner spiders (on a lollipop), we knew we were headed in the right direction. Now, her teachers specifically requested that the children do not share candy with the class so we thought it would be appropriate to attach our little creepy crawlers to pencils. My daughter was so excited to pick up the supplies with me and they were all easily available at our local dollar store. 


Halloween coincides with my little girl's birthday so we were also responsible for today's Halloween snack. I ended up baking a batch of strawberry mini mummy cupcakes - recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart.


The fruit and vegetable platter was too cute to resist but the tricky part was that I had to incorporate 3 different fruits and 3 different vegetables AND still make it look like a jack-o-lantern.


In case you were looking closely, I added apples to the platter in the morning (to avoid serving yucky brown apples), but of course, I forgot to snap a photograph before we headed out the door.

This simplified version of the platter was for my son's class. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the children ooh and ah when they saw it this afternoon.


For the finale - MY JELLYFISH COSTUME - I'll have to admit that this might've been the easiest task as it literally took me all of 5 minutes to tape together.


Happy Hallowe'en folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment