Friday, December 9, 2011

Ninja Birthday Party


It's another, much anticipated... Muppet cake! 

The birthday theme this time was "ninja" inspired by my now 6 year old son. We invited a handful of his friends to celebrate at a martial arts centre and they all learned a few new skills. The children did a 45-minute martial arts class followed by a 15-minute circuit training session and a Samurai sword cake cutting - the highlight of the party!


 My mother-in-law found these cute cutters so I baked up a batch of simple sugar cookies. I used a recipe from Martha Stewart's Cookies book and our friends & family seemed to really enjoy 'em.



I also used the cutters as a template for photo booth props - it was a great opportunity to capture some moments.


After 1.5 hrs of excitement, my son handed out Ninjago Lego party favors to each of his guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment