Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Valentine's Day Dreamcatcher

I 'dreamed' up the idea of the kids creating Valentine's Day dream catchers for their classmates this year. Together, we picked up the following supplies: pipe cleaners, yarn and beads (I forgot about the feathers so perhaps we'll add them to the finished project).


We started this project last weekend and managed to make 10 (and have 32 to go). It's a good thing we started the craft weeks before Valentine's Day. 

I'll have to post the step by step instructions when we pick up where we left off as I was tinkering with the right technique for my 4-yr old and 6-yr old to use.



The easy part is bending the pipe cleaner into a heart shape. I've randomly tied the yarn at various points but I'm not happy with the level of difficulty required for this project. I had to restring most of their work in order to have the webbing taut inside the heart. 


I sure hope my children's friends appreciate receiving their very own Valentine's Day Dreamcatchers as their Valentines this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment