Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gabrielle's Parmesan Kale Chips

A friend mentioned kale chips to me a few weeks ago and we all agreed that we need a healthier alternative to our potato chip addiction. Then, I saw Lou Diamond Phillips use it as a side dish for one of his meals on the Food Network's show "Rachael vs Guy Celebrity Cook-Off."


Since all I seem to be hearing is kale chips, it's time to bake one of my favorite leafy greens. The verdict? I think I can get addicted to these crispy, cheesy, greens!

Here's my very own recipe and directions:

1 bunch of kale
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese

1. Thoroughly rinse the kale. Tear into bite size pieces and remove stem. Place in salad spinner to dry and pat with paper towel.

2. Toss with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil (enough oil to coat each kale leaf) and place on a baking sheet.

3. Bake in oven at 325F for 10 minutes. Check periodically until crisp.

4. Remove from oven and toss with 1 tablespoon of fresh, finely grated Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment