Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rosette Cake Tutorial

A quick step-by-step guide to creating your own 'rosette' cake:


1. Start by placing your cake on a pedestal.


2. Crumb coat, and start with first rosette in the center of the cake.


3. Work your way around the circumference the cake. Fill in gaps with freehand swirls.


4. Add additional decorations as desired and serve.


Note: I was planning to continue the rosettes around the entire cake (similar to my previous post) but I ran out of icing. In the process of smoothing it out, the top design was touched ever so slightly by my spatula. Fortunate for me, I found that the finished cake had a much cleaner look after doing so.


This is the final top view of the cake. I packaged it up and hand delivered it to my Grandma. Hope you all decide to give this a try for yourself. I really do love the simplicity of the design and think you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment