Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Philippine Inspired Marinated Pork

I have two favorite Philippine marinated pork dishes: tocino and barbecue skewers. Most recipes that I came across calls for a ton of sugar and/or lemon+lime soda. My solution to this is a recipe that I'm comfortable enough to feed to my own children.


Start with a package of pork butt or shoulder.


In a bowl add 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire and chopped garlic.


Bring 2 cups of orange juice with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to a boil and cool.


In a separate bowl thinly slice the pork and add dry rub (1 tablespoon of paprika, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon of white sugar). Mix.


Add cooled orange juice to the soy sauce and add pork. Mix. Marinade for up to 2 days in advance. I've marinaded my pork and stored it both in the refrigerator and in the freezer - I prefer the freezer method.


To cook heat pan on medium. Add pork and simmer with 1/4 cup of water. Boil until water evaporates and fry until fully cooked and golden in color.


Serve with rice and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment