Saturday, August 18, 2012

Honey Garlic Soy Chicken Wings

Chicken wings are a staple in our home. My usual style of cooking wings is simple - add chicken seasoning and Lawry's Seasoned Pepper, bake at 375F oven for 35 minutes.

For an Asian infused chicken wing, try this recipe:

2 dozen chicken wings
1/2 cup water
1/4 soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon sesame oil

Marinade all ingredients for 3+ hours for maximum flavoring.


This is the baked version at 375F for 30 minutes. Be careful with the last 5-10 minutes of cooking time as the marinade does tend to burn. I rotated the pan to prevent additional burning.


With the summer season upon us, I had my grill master barbecue the same marinaded chicken wings on the charcoal grill.


It took 25 minutes on the open fire but was heavily charred. There was still a tremendous amount of flavor but some of the skin was too burnt. I've read about 2 zone grilling and will have my grill master try that technique next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment