Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gabrielle's Sloppy Joe Recipe


I decided we were going to have Sloppy Joe's for dinner tonight but I can't say that I've ever eaten a Sloppy Joe before. For whatever reason, I created a super easy supper tonight. I did a search on Google for some recipes and they were all very similar (The Pioneer Woman, Rachael Ray, etc).

Here's my variation of ingredients:

1 pkg ground turkey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper

Heat a large skillet over medium heat ground turkey with olive oil. Add seasonings and cook until brown.

Add:
1 small pepper, chopped (red, yellow, green, orange or combination)
1/2 large yellow onion, chopped

Cook until tender.

Add:
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
dash of hot sauce
1 cup water

Simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes until thickened.

Prepare:
4 hamburger buns
2 tablespoons butter

Heat another skillet and melt 1 tablespoon of butter and toast 2 buns at a time. Repeat and serve.


My husband kept calling it a "Manwich" so it was clear that the flavor was accurate! This would go wonderfully with plain kettle chips or cucumber if you're feeling particularly healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment